Products & Applications
Magic Box 2.0
Beware of Pin During Setup
How to Customize App Toolbar and Home Screen Widgets
How to Connect to Personal Hot Spot
How to Connect to Wifi
How to Switch from Carplay to Magic Box 2.0
How to Download Applications
How to Delete Apps
How to Connect to Vehicle's Carplay
Simple Settings App Functions
How to Customize Home Screen Widgets
How to Clear Background Apps
How to Connect to Wifi Hotspot
Connecting to Wireless Carplay
Customize Home Screen, Widgets, and Move Apps
Adjusting Sound Loudness
How to Fix Speedometer
How to Use the Split Screen Feature
How to Quick Connect to Personal Hotspot
How to Screen Mirror
How to Use a SIM Card
Connecting External Bluetooth Devices such as OBD2 and more!
How to Change Wallpaper to a Photo
How to do Split Screen
How to Update Software
How to Move Apps Around
How to Add Maps to Home Screen
Magic Box Lite
How To Quickly Connect & Activate Personal Hotspot
How To Connect To Wireless CarPlay using The Magic Box
How To Connect The Magic Box to a Wifi Network
How to Change Time & Date Settings
How To Manage and Delete Apps
How to Clear Apps to Reduce Background Cache
How To Customize The Startup Animation?
How To Split Screen Between Two Apps
How To Select Default Startup Screen Within The Magic Box
How To Download Apps That Are Not Available In Google Play Store
How To Connect The Magic Box To Your Car
How to Return to Your Factory Car Screen
Mirror Your Phone to Cars Display Screen
How To Access General Settings Within The Magic Box
How to Modify Settings to Fix Glitchy Screen
How to Fix Screen Resolution
How To Fix Frozen Screen, Touch Screen Not Working, or Steering Wheel Controls
How To Fix Magic Link Connection Issues
Toyota Vehicles MUST READ
Shipping & Tracking
What carriers do you use?
Do you deliver to Military Post Offices APO?
My order says delivered but I have not received it, what do I do?
What countries do you ship to?
How much does shipping cost?
How do I track my order status?
How long will it take my order to arrive?
Ordering & Payments
What payment options do I have?
Do you provide military discounts?
Can I purchase Magic Brands products in retail stores?
How do I cancel/change my order?
Warranty & Returns
- Choose Support Category
- Products & Applications
- Magic Box
- My box won't connect, how do I fix this?
My box won't connect, how do I fix this?
Updated by Austin W.
For most customers, setting up the Magic Box is as simple as 1-2-3 as described in our Quick Start Guide. But, in the rare event you have issues connecting properly to your car using the Magic Box, we've outlined a series of troubleshooting steps below to follow.
Please make sure you only use the cords included with your order. While going through these steps, please have your quick start guide handy since the lights on the box have their own unique statues so you'll want to watch those throughout the process.
- On your phone device, go into bluetooth settings and “forget/Remove” your vehicle as a bluetooth source on your phone.
- Go into phone settings —> General settings —> CarPlay/Android Auto —> “Forget/Remove” your vehicle from CarPlay/Android Auto.
- Go into vehicle settings --> bluetooth —> “Forget/Remove” your phone as a bluetooth device.
- Go into vehicle settings —> CarPlay —> “Forget/Remove” your phone and any other phones listed as a CarPlay device.
- Connect the USB-C to Magic Box and Standard USB-A to the vehicle factory wired CarPlay Port wait 20 seconds.
- If The Magic Box does not automatically connect, locate CarPlay on your vehicle screen and click on CarPlay (Even if you have an Android phone or use Android Auto) still click into CarPlay
- See if a device listed is “iPhone” click “iPhone” then select “Enable Apple CarPlay when prompted.
If you completed all these steps and still having trouble, please try these additional steps.
- Unplug The Magic Box from the vehicle
- See if you can update the vehicle software in the settings of the vehicle.
- If no updates are available or needed, simply go into "vehicle settings" and do a "factory reset/restore to default settings"
- Once the system says vehicle has been restored to factory settings, power the vehicle "OFF" completely for 2 minutes so the screen can reset.
- Now power the vehicle back on and plug The Magic Box in and wait 2 minutes for the system to configure.
Still experiencing issues? Please contact our support team: firstname.lastname@example.org